A Minnesota company removed cooked eggs that were distributed in 34 states due to possible listeria contamination.
Minnetonka’s Michael Foods remembers the brine eggs sold in 10- and 25-pound cubes for institutional use under the Columbia Valley Farms brand. GFS; Glenview Farms; Papetti; Silverbrook; and entire farms.
The recall includes eggs distributed in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Caroline North, Dakota North, North, Nebraska, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Utah, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
Wegman’s, a New York-based MyWegmansConnect supermarket chain, also collected cooked eggs after the recall. Devilish eggs, egg salad, and various deli salads with these eggs, made by Michael Foods and sold at various Wegman stores between January 23 and February 1.
The company says the eggs may be contaminated with a strain of Listeria that can leave patients with a weak immune system behind.
The United States Food and Drug Administration said there were no reports of egg-related illnesses.
The short-term solution is to get rid of all of these MyWegmansConnect products because we can’t afford to take any risks, said Dr. Manny Alvarez, senior health editor at FoxNews.com. Listeria infection can turn out to be very dramatic, especially in pregnant women. It can cause abortions and fetal infections. Remember that many of these egg salad products are often used by young people, and if this happens, a system, a system weakened immune system can be fatal. ”
Other recalled dishes
* DeLish egg salad in wheat and honey sandwich, UPC code 0.49022-51925.1, tasting date from 01/17/12 to 5/5/12
* DeLish tuna salad in multi-grain bread sandwich, UPC code 0.49022-51928.2, tasting date from 01/22/12 to 02/02/12
* 7.66 ounces. Take Away Café Egg Salad Sandwichs with a sale date of 01/25/12 to 7/2/12. UPC barcode: 745466128195
* 5.68 ounces. Quick egg salad with a coffee wedge with a date of enjoyment from 01.22.12 to 04.02.12. UPC barcode: 073508830042
* Cooked Eggs (available per pound for prepared meals or optional in bars)
* Devilish Eggs (sausage plate in special order, pack of 6 or 12 pieces)
* Garden salad (10 ounces, 20 ounces, 2 pounds, and 5 pounds)
Tender Spinach Salad (9 oz., 1.8 lbs. And 3.9 lbs.)
* Chef’s Salad (9 ounces and 18 ounces)